View Single Post

Old 02-25-2017, 03:51 PM

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Nah, I made damn sure it wasn't me. Verified solid mag engagement and was nowhere near the mag release button. Just insufficient mag to mag catch engagement along with some excessplay between the mag and the mag well. All of the above are stacking up to allow the mag to drop under Recoil. The catch itself needs to be bigger to give more engagement or the mag dimensions need to be changed to provide reliable engagement without impacting drop free operation while reloading. I'm gonna send it back and let S&W figure it out. I know some have did the Rube Goldberg magazine fix using a punch on the magazine body to create more engagement, but I'm not keen on such kitchen table modifications. This does not fix the root cause of the problem and you open yourself up to other problems. Hopefully it is just an isolated defective mag catch that can just be replaced. But, it seems like others have the same issue indicating a bad manufacturing run or a dimensional design problem. Should be easy to resolve as long as S&W identifies the cause and corrects it. I'm sure they will.