View Single Post

Old 02-25-2017, 09:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,723 Times in 1,179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketrocket View Post
I was gonna ask about pricing on a model 10-5 snub I found at the gun show today . the guy wanted $525.it was clean and tight. I live in California so everything is expensive. No deals like that around here!!! Maybe I'll offer him $400 and see what he says. Nice old revolvers are hard to find these days. You definitely scored!

I've bought a few blued Model 10 snubs in the last few months, not including the square butt listed above.

Paid $350 for a 10-9 with a bubba hammer bob and a weird stamping below the cylinder. Started a thread about it on here not long after.

Found another blued round butt 10-5 at Hickory, NC gun show and snatched it ip for $400 cash. I'd say it is a low-mid 90% gun. Locks up tight. There were others like it at the show.

Bought another blued round butt on gunbroker for $435 but was into it for $485 aftet shipping and transfer. It is 97% gun, to the extent we can be that specific.

In my experience, you can usually find these between $375 (a bit rough) and $450 (quite good condition), at least in NC.

Incidentally, snagged a 3" square butt in excellent condition on Gunbroker "buy it now" for $400 a few months ago. Never know what is out there.

Round butt and excellent condition nickel seem to get a premium.

My point, is that $525 should yield super condition 10 snub with box...anything less than collector grade can be had for a lot less...here. I don't "collect, so I like "shooter grade." Carry and shoot everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk