View Single Post

Old 02-26-2017, 02:20 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 41,504 Times in 9,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357magster View Post
... would prefer to have "my option" with me.
... I don't feel comfortable leaving it in a lock box in my car due to the aforementioned crime problem.
We all like to have "our options" with us. It seems you need to become more comfortable with the lock box option.

If you do all the precautions mentioned above, about not having anything visible to interest a thief, park in the most secure place available, and hopefully have a car alarm, then you've done your due diligence.

I would add one other thing, to not draw attention doing a lock box transfer from CC, and complete the transfer to the box before you arrive at the parking destination. So that you quickly exit the vehicle in the parking area without drawing the attention of anyone watching you park. Hiding stuff before you arrive also includes any expensive car electronics like GPS's or radar detectors.

If you feel so attached to your regular carry choice, that you would be devastated losing it, then maybe you need an alternate, like a Hi Point, that would allow you peace of mind leaving it locked in the car.

Last edited by bigwheelzip; 02-26-2017 at 02:22 PM.