View Single Post

Old 02-27-2017, 12:37 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

These comments point out the truth that each one of us really have to try a holster before we will know whether or not it works for us. Just because someone else or several someones say a holster is the best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean I (or your) will like it. But the more you know about the guy making the recommendation, the more you can narrow down your choices. I'm a big guy with a big waist. I'm not gobby fat, but I've got noticeable love handles and no one would accuse me of having the condition known as "noassatall".

I've got some good IWB holsters that feel kind of like a softball underneath my belt which presses against me in a pretty small spot. Not a recipe for comfort for me! The AG holster does take up quite a lot of real estate around my waist line (and I have plenty), but the back side of the holster has a good quality neoprene lining against my body with a synthetic portion outward against the back side of the gun. The kydex portion is molded to the gun shape so fit and function is good as well as adjustable to my liking.

I also wear a thin moisture wicking tee shirt (or athletic style or tank style of the same material) year round. That increases the comfort of carrying any IWB holster for me. The size of the AG holster and the location of the belt clips spreads the weight of the gun over a larger area which makes it more comfortable as well as being more concealable for me.

This holster is NOT an easy one to remove an reinstall like some of the more narrow and fully kydex or leather holsters. But if I need to remove my gun to go into the Post Office or other place like the courthouse, etc, the holster does not lose its shape and my gun is easy to reholster after wearing it empty for a time. It also does not move around much, especially forward or backward around my waistline. It pretty much stays in place. Because of the several choices for adjustability for carry height and carry cant, after some experimentation, I can find the best choice for carry for my body style and ease of draw and reholstering. And the bonus is that I can buy other finished holster shells that will install easily on the body portion of this rig to allow carry of more than one gun. It only costs $12 for additional shells (MUCH less than another dedicated holster to carry an additional gun.)

I have yet to find an absolutely perfect holster, but my AG comes closest to meeting that goal FOR ME that I've tried. Trust me, I have tried a great many over a long period of time. I've got two or three boxes of holsters to prove it! I can't tell you if the AG holster is for you. But I can tell you it is for me. Hopefully, from what I've said, you can have some additional information to understand why it's best for me and then have a better idea of whether it might work for you. Best part is that it really doesn't cost much to try, and AG will give you your money back after a 30 day trial period. Might cost you a bit to return it, but that's about as easy and inexpensive a deal as I've ever been given.