View Single Post

Old 02-27-2017, 10:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabled1 View Post
In my family, there are several cousins that have an FFL and/or a gun store with an SOT/NFA/Title 2 weapons license. Depending which one I talk to, they are getting their S&W Sport II's at $305-$375. They then add their mark up, which they did not say, and there you have it. Each one is different.
I also asked why Ruger AR-556's are STILL so expensive. Now remember, I am ONLY repeating what (2) cousins told me, that each own a gun store.
1) Ruger "thinks" it's a better built entry AR rifle.
2) Ruger dealers refuse to come down on their prices because they "think" it's a better built entry AR rifle.
Please, don't flame me. I am ONLY repeating what (2) gun store owners told me. One stated that he STILL has (3) AR-556's sitting on the rack that have been there since Oct.-Nov. And, he steadily moves/sells Sport II rifles.
They are pretty close in price... big box retailers like Cabela's and Academy have them at the same price, over priced, but same price none the less. Internet dealers have them from same price to $90 difference... just depends on what price the dealer got them at and how much they are willing to let them go for.