View Single Post

Old 03-01-2017, 04:58 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
Beautiful. Those are just great stuff, and thanks for sharing with us. I carried my 2 1/2" Model 66 no dash for the better part of 20 years in a plain old unlined Bianchi "Shadow". That was before I realized that the gun and holster were going to be "collectable", and "vintage" one day. I would have still carried the same gun, as I really liked it then, and still like it, but might have gotten a little more sophisticated rig!!

By the way, I always carried mine with the Tyler T Grip, but it is on loan to another one of my K frames right now. I always liked the way that the "Shadow" kept the gun tight to my body, and high. I could conceal it fairly well under either a suit coat, sport coat, or casual jacket. Also, with a good heavy belt, I felt very secure in the presentation.

Best Regards, Les

Les, I have a Shadow for a four-inch gun and carried it under a short uniform jacket while working security in a pharmacy where the guard was supposed to be unarmed, despite it having been held up several times. I wore the gun under my coat and began looking for a better job!

It HAD to remain concealed, and no one ever noticed, including a gun writer who stopped to shop there. We knew one another and talked for awhile and until I admitted that I was armed and how, he had no clue. He kept my secret.

The gun was a Model 64, but I later replaced it with Model 66-3. That was in 1990, and that M-66-3 has been the most carried of any sidearm I've ever owned. It's in my nightstand now.

When I owned a snub M-19, I used a Safariland M-29, which worked very well. I also favor that holster made for longer barrels when wearing such guns. El Paso's Model 2 is a virtual duplicate of the Safariland Model 29, which is, I think, long discontinued. I'm glad that EPS has kept the design available.
I have a couple of Model 2's and like them very much.

Thanks for showing us your old Shadow Bianchi. Mine shows less wear but I baby all my stuff.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: