View Single Post

Old 03-01-2017, 01:39 PM

Liked 55 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANKLEGACY View Post
Target for now....

I just put the scope and everything else on the weapon, so everything is way off, I need to make adjustments to EVERYTHING'S, including the stock.

I hastily threw everything on the weapon, in a mad rush to take it to the range. I brought 150rnds thinking that would get me close-ish....but...I was wrong...I forgot all my tools at home to make the needed adjustments.

So...not having anything adjusted, not being able to get comfortable,....I had sub 4" groups at 100yrds....which is not acceptable...lol
So if you were shooting as pictured above, from a folding table and bipod with no other support the next thing I'd do is properly clean the rifle's bore (you DO know how to properly clean a precision rifle bore, correct?! ) and shoot from a proper rest/table. Or shoot prone.

I did a little research on that rifle. It sure looks like it's capable of amazing accuracy. I assume it has the proof research Carbon Fiber wrapped 1:11.2 twist barrel? I would try a box or two of Federal Gold Medal Match 175gr cartridges, possibly 168gr's too. That'll give you a pretty good baseline for it's accuracy.

Last edited by Huskerhunter; 03-01-2017 at 01:46 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: