View Single Post

Old 03-01-2017, 03:10 PM

Liked 238 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerhunter View Post
So if you were shooting as pictured above, from a folding table and bipod with no other support the next thing I'd do is properly clean the rifle's bore (you DO know how to properly clean a precision rifle bore, correct?! ) and shoot from a proper rest/table. Or shoot prone.

I did a little research on that rifle. It sure looks like it's capable of amazing accuracy. I assume it has the proof research Carbon Fiber wrapped 1:11.2 twist barrel? I would try a box or two of Federal Gold Medal Match 175gr cartridges, possibly 168gr's too. That'll give you a pretty good baseline for it's accuracy.
I left all my tools at home to adjust all the new add-ons..., so I didnt feel the need to go prone...I just wanted to rip off a few rounds while being comfortable. When sighting in with good ammo, I wont be shooting like in the picture..lol

...as for cleaning....I run a bore snake after every 10th round for now...if you have any better tips,...I'm all ears.

Yup...Proof Research 18" Carbon Fiber barrel as you listed...and I have been looking at the same factory ammo you suggested, seems as if everyone agrees....I'll be ordering it for sure.