View Single Post

Old 03-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
So, if your friend wanted a free floated rail and a barrel that was capable of stabilizing a TSX 69 gr round for a hog hunting rifle, you would suggest the Sport II?
I have a 1:9 twist rifle that stabilizes 75gr rounds just fine.

Quote:
Your "friend" is making a mistake limiting himself to one brand. Many players out there large and small. Savage and Springfield Armory are two newcomers with good reputations to the AR game
There isn't any reason not to limit the choices to S&W rifles. They have a great reputation and a great price. I have Savage rifles and I have a Springfield pistol. I love both of them. I also love my Sport. It's a great rifle and it sells for a very reasonable price. It's hard to beat that. I got my Sport before Savage got into the AR game and the same for SA. I don't regret buying what I did for one second. It's a super nice rifle and yes I changed some stuff. I spent less than $50 making it what I wanted. That doesn't count the sight of course but that's not part of the "buy what you want from the start" equation. I did buy what I wanted. I wanted a great rifle for a great price and I got it.

Last edited by C J; 03-01-2017 at 03:39 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: