View Single Post

Old 03-02-2017, 01:22 PM

Liked 4,401 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiroc View Post
OK blues7, I even liked your response, even though it don't necessarily agree with all of it I will defend your right to say it.

I'm thinking that windsong and I are doing some good natured tongue in cheek jibes, and not to be taken quite so seriously.

I do feel that the takeover of Polymer in firearms has denigrated the value of firearms in general. Injection molding machines have displaced the craftsmanship that it took to create fine firearms that can be works of art.

Having said that, I fully understand that others appreciate the weight savings and established reliability that they have been proven to have. So carry what you are proficient with and don't worry about what the naysayers might post.

digiroc
We're fine, digiroc, and I saw your "like". I'm so used to folks using emoticons / smileys or whatever these days that if someone doesn't use 'em I'm not sure whether they are making a comment in jest or not.

Guess I'm getting old and cranky. (Not! )

Hey, I started my LE career with model 15, 36 and 19 and later a S&W 6906 was one of my first semi-auto's issued. (First was a gov't model, series 70 Colt.)

I get it and I appreciate the craftsmanship and beauty of revolvers. I also appreciate anything that flat out works and keeps (or at least kept) my *** alive on the street.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I appreciate 'em all. And I also appreciate your taking the time to express your thoughts as well.