Thread: Ruger ARX ammo
View Single Post

Old 03-02-2017, 01:31 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 758 Times in 160 Posts
Default Ruger ARX

The point I will make about it after shooting it is that the felt recoil is noticeably less than other premium defense ammo. I think it has to due with the reduced weight of the projectile itself, even though the velocity is higher. It is much easier on the hand when shooting the LCP, something to consider with people or students who are recoil sensitive with these little guns. I teach concealed carry classes and women in particular love the size of the LCP, but are usually turned off after shooting them on the range due to the recoil. The LCP II with the improved trigger may help the accuracy of some of these shooters, but doesn't reduce the recoil. The ARX seems to help in that department. I agree with Arik that a proven projectile is probably a wiser choice, due to the lack of actual experience with the new round. That said, sometimes we have to move forward and try something new. This might be one of those cases where the benefit of lower recoil for some shooters outweighs the gamble of untried technology.