View Single Post

Old 03-03-2017, 01:58 AM

Liked 731 Times in 216 Posts
Default Model 16-4; Is it Worth it?

I'm looking for some input from the forum with regard to the value of a S&W Model 16-4 in .32 Magnum.
My LGS has a 16-4, 6", .32 H&R magnum for $850.00. I believe that I could negotiate a little better price, but I'd like any input I can get from you on ball park value.
I know if it were an earlier model 16 in S&W long it could sell for up to $2000.00 or more, but I have nothing but the SCSW to evaluate current value of a model 16-4 in .32 magnum.
The gun has serial #BEH1118 which I believe makes it a 1989 gun per SCSW (the 16-4 was produced from 1989 to 1992). It has the original box (serial number matches), but no papers and it has Pachmayr grips instead of the goncalo alves combat stocks. I would consider the condition to be "very good", with a well defined turn line and slight wear on the left side of the muzzle, with no other scratches or blemishes on the finish. The bore and cylinder charge holes look fine and I found no issues with the mechanical function of the gun.
I have an accumulation of .32 caliber guns (.32 S&W long and .327 Federal magnum) and really want to buy this gun. I'm looking for a quick way to establish a reasonable ball park value for it before I just let my S&W fetish overwhelm me.
I appreciate any input.
Thanks,
George
The Following User Likes This Post: