View Single Post

Old 03-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I agree with you for the most part, but there are no absolutes.

There may not be time and opportunity to chamber a round, but there may very well be. It depends on the skill of the individual and the details of the specific scenario. I've come across some highly skilled individuals who train in the Israeli method and I would never describe them as being unprepared to defend themselves in an emergency defense scenario.

You state that you have "been there", which I take to imply that we should listen to you due to personal experience, but how many times have you "been there"? How many situations as a civilian carrying concealed? Does being victorious in a few street fights make someone an authority on combatives? Very few people have been in a significant number of gunfights. Chicago P.D's Bob Stasch has been in 14. The lessons he's taken away and subsequently recommends are to practice making headshots at close-range using one-handed point shooting. 14 gunfights is fairly substantial, yet I see very few taking his advice.

I'm by no means advocating empty-chamber carry and don't chose it myself, but I do think the idea that there will never be time is false.
How many Israelis were stabbed because they weren't fast enough? Quite a lot. Israelis do that for their own reasons which have been explained and have nothing to do with accidental/negligent discharges.

GUN. LOADED. ALWAYS.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk