View Single Post

Old 03-05-2017, 04:17 PM

Liked 7,746 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
If you intend to wear the revolver beneath a winter coat or parka, The out-of-production Desantis swivel shoulder holster is particularly useful.

Its advantage is that however you might "yank" revolver from holster, whatever your position - including prostrate - holster follows your hand's drawing vector.

I owned one for an 8-3/8 inch "N" frame into which my Ruger SRH 480 fit beautifully.
While I do not know whether any emulation of this holster is in production, I do know that Desantis' holster was a close copy of another [unknown] maker.

Hope this helps.
The pivoting shoulder holster, often incorrectly attributed to Gaylord who did get a patent, was invented by Ohlemeyer, whose patent was first (patents don't give the right to manufacture if doing so would infringe on another valid patent, because they are granted "on the improvement"). Ohlemeyer is not just some guy you never heard of; he worked for Sam Myres and personally built Patton's double Myres rig at Myres' shop. He vigorously enforced his patents, previously having gone after Berns-Martin (the very earliest Washington State B-M Speed holsters are marked with his patent number, and John Berns' patent number).