View Single Post

Old 03-05-2017, 05:51 PM

Liked 534 Times in 236 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
Indeed I do compete with the newbies with my own, novel designs (see the new American Handgunner May/June). I'd like to see the newbies show some self-respect and 'not rest on my laurels' and create their own :-). I started in the late 1960s, earned 50 patents, and never stopped innovating to this very day. Copyists are the very definition of 'not innovators' -- and that's not good for you, the market.
There aren't nearly enough craftsman making holsters to meet the current demand or wait times of several months to one year wouldn't be so common, yet there are, practically speaking, only so many ways to wrap a gun in leather. Personally, as a "consumer" of holsters, I care more about the functionality and quality of the finished product than the originality of the design.

Completely aside, I recall a professor who, in a lecture many years ago, said that any fool can produce something original, but to craft the umpteenth Madonna and have it take people's breath away... now that is something remarkable.

No doubt you are very good at what you do, but regardless of whether you consider yourself a businessman, an industrial artist, a craftsman, an artisan, a holstorian, or just a guy who wears different hats at different times, there is a good place for you to vent your frustration with a world that does not live up to your ideals, and it is most certainly not here. I may not be the OP, but I think I can safely say this thread is not about you
The Following User Likes This Post: