View Single Post

Old 03-05-2017, 07:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 9,249 Times in 1,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburg View Post
I'm more concerned with the grit and combustion by products (not like gasoline fumes) that seem to be attracted to the linings. Its why I've always wrapped an old rag around my fired guns before sticking them in any rug or case. But on that subject, has anyone tried cleaning the shearling liner with one of the dry cleaning or spot removal products? Some even spray on and then dry, holding the oil and dirt so they can be brushed off.

Its also one of my concerns with rifle and shotgun cases. I have no idea how they were treated before I bought them and I know of some mishandling since. Can't very well send them out to a dry cleaner or laundromat.

Long ago I read an article about how sportsmen are treated by LEO and others. The gist of it was if you had and used quality products, others would see it and understand. My gunshow friend Joe dresses up to impress others. I can't be impressed, but it does seem to work for him. At yesterdays gun show, a young guy was walking along with a couple of his buddies. I was impressed because he was carrying a Browning Shotgun case. A hundred other yokels came by, too. But they had the standard gun cases, made from synthetic whatever. That one guy stood out. And if you encounter an LEO when he's on duty, and you need to let him see your carry gun, he generally will be more pleasant if you're poite and then he see's a major brand holster. Thugs don't bother with genuine leather holster, they spend the money on drugs or beer.

Sorry, just some thoughts.
I use compressed air and a vacuum to clean mine.

Regards,
Bruce
The Following User Likes This Post: