View Single Post

Old 03-05-2017, 08:59 PM

Liked 11,380 Times in 3,519 Posts
Default Rear sight assembly - Model 34

As many of you know, rear sight assemblies and parts are hard to come by sometimes. I recently stumbled on a source for a compatible OEM sight for the older versions of the Model 34.

J FRAME ACCESS. Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts

At the Numrich web site (gunpartscorp.com) at the bottom of the list of S&W revolver parts by model numbers is a sub-heading called "J frame accessories". In this list a rear sight for the "models 331, and 332" appears. The assembly contains a .122" sight leaf. I believe this may be a current S&W production MIM assy. It is very high quality, and is almost identical to the vintage sight assy found on the old model 34's. The only difference I can find is the tang is just slightly longer. The tang screw hole location is the same.

Anyway....just wanted members to be aware these are there if needed for a repair or for a back up. Not sure how long they will be available.

I have seen original OEM sight assemblies sell for $50.00 - $75.00 in good condition. These new ones at Numrich are $17.75.
I didn't check with the S&W parts department about availability or price when purchased directly from them.

Last edited by armorer951; 03-05-2017 at 09:10 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: