View Single Post

Old 03-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Like I have been hearing for decades, "A young man may kick your butt, but an old man will kill you".
Jimmy Groover, the owner of the Dixie Gun and Pawn in Georgia (where this took place), isn't exactly what I'd consider "old". He's only 64-years-old...not even "officially" a senior citizen. And he appears to be in pretty good physical condition.

And unlike lots of people who like to gloat and laugh over a bad guy getting killed, Mr. Groover continues to say he regrets having to make the split second decision to shoot someone. He isn't going around bragging about it. But his store has been robbed or burglarized twenty times in the past years, and he did what he had to do to protect himself and his employee.

He's quoted as saying, "I had no other choice. I hate that it happened. I've been doing this for thirty years. Nothing like this has ever happened. I never wanted this to happen. But I want to go home at night, too."

He seems like a decent human being, and I'm glad he survived the incident so he could go home that night.

Photo of Jimmy Groover copyright by Tyson Paul/WXIA
The Following 15 Users Like Post: