View Single Post

Old 03-06-2017, 11:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,944 Times in 1,494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
You make an excellent point, and I debated whether I should call it one over the other, and I called it Weaver based upon the fact that it appeared one arm was dropped a bit more than the other, and I felt he had the recoil control, which comes about from the isometric push-pull or tension, which is the real hallmark of Weaver, as opposed to arm placement. That said, if you think it looks more like Isosceles, that is ok with me. Not argumentative at all. Good eye!

Best,

Shawn
Thanks, Shawn - as well as for your very nice PM. I was taught to shoot handguns while in the Army. At the time, there was a lot of transition with regards to how you were taught to hold the piece. We were initially taught to shoot one-handed only using the classic "Camp Perry stance". If you even thought about using your off-hand for support - well, let's say I got to do lots of push-ups. We were then taught to use the Weaver stance, but there were plenty of folks to laugh and criticize you for using it as "real men" only needed one hand to shoot the pistol. Isosceles just never felt right to me. To this day, right or wrong, I use a modified Weaver stance.

Gotta love the 1911 - putting bad guys down since, well, 1911.

Regards,

Dave
The Following User Likes This Post: