View Single Post

Old 03-07-2017, 12:10 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default Another Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theking1936 View Post
Thanks guys for the quick response, I had many S&W models before, 3904, 3913, 5906 square triger guard, but last sunday I went to the gun show in Miami just to get some 357 mag bullets, and when I saw this 5906TSW I fell in love with it, even do you can tell that it has some use on it, I still got it any way, paid $400.00 for it, it has the knight sites and rubber grip, I just ordered the extractor for $27.00 how difficult is to replace it? can some one walk me thru? I have tried to find a gunsmith here but I guess is really hard to find one, I have called a few shops and they don't have one at the store.
If you have never pistolsmithed much, IMHO, you might find the 'right' pistolsmith by calling Brownell's and asking who they deal with that is in the So. Florida region. Failing to find someone that way, just send the slide only to Cylinder & Slide, Fremont, NB. You do not have to bear the unreasonable expense of sending the whole handgun for this job.

As another said, the S&W 5906 is a great handgun and reliable as an anvil. Sure, parts break, but that is just a factor of slight defect in manufacturing and/or misuse by the operator. All mechanical devices need to be maintained and used as designed to be used. Do not load single rounds by dropping it on a round in the chamber and letting the slide slam down over it. ....

Oh, I just had another thought. If you are coming to Las Vegas soon, just stick the slide in your luggage and bring it along. I will change out the extractor for you and put it in place of the slide on my M 5906 and we can go shooting. ... :-)

Wow! I should look at the date of the OP's post............. mea culpa!

Last edited by Big Cholla; 03-07-2017 at 12:15 PM.