View Single Post

Old 03-07-2017, 03:18 PM

Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbear View Post
Over the past 43 years I have purchased/used most of the triggers out there including custom made "set" designs. Timmney, Jard, Geissele, RRA and Jewell. All things considered drop in's perform better for me.

Ease of installation, tuning and consistency are better than 3 piece units IMO. On the rare occasions cleaning has been required I pop them out, submerge in solvent or use my ultrasonic cleaner, re lube and they are good to go.

The main advantage is the mfg's can precisely control the fit between parts since they are not dependent on the spacing of the pin holes in the lower receiver whose tolerances are less precise. Drop in's work as they should no matter who made the receiver. For me it's a no brainer.

Lately I've tried CMC, AR Gold, Elftmann, Ease, Wilson Combat, Rise and most recently Trigger Tech's friction-less roller design. CMC is the best bang for the buck but if you have the cash the others bring a whole new level of performance.
Wow, that is a lot of trigger time and a hella lot of triggers.

Do you have any experience of the Hiperfire 24C, i love mine but would love to hear your opinion as to how it ranks against the other high end triggers you have tried.