View Single Post

Old 03-07-2017, 11:57 PM

Liked 4,294 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan View Post
I know this is an Old Post but I was looking for this exact information I have come to the conclusion that this Lee primer feed is a pain in the butt no matter how I adjust mine it will not put the primer in the pocket unless I use two fingers one pushing down on the top front edge and one pushing on the back if I use one finger the primer falls out and misses the pocket 100% of the time out of 25 tries 4 loaded in the pocket 21 went on the floor that is a joke. I have adjusted the small pocket for the primer to sit in up and down both directions make no difference it's like the primer feed hits the rim not letting it go in far enough to place the primer in the pocket because it touches 100% of the time I have to push fairly hard or harder than you should have to push and way harder than I see every video on YouTube on how to use it to get the primer to fall in that pocket
Sounds like your primer feed arm is swinging in to low and contacting the primer rocker. Try adding a thin washer under the mounting bolt for the primer system. That will raise the whole primer system a 32 in or so. You want that arm to swing in with no contact and kind of hover over the cap in the rocker untill you release the primer. It takes a bit to adjust but once you get it right, it is a VERY reliable and easy to use system.

I run two LCT presses to make thousands of rounds a year. I can't remember the last time either dropped a primer

Last edited by Wee Hooker; 03-07-2017 at 11:59 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: