View Single Post

Old 03-08-2017, 04:34 PM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Latest and greatest update (again)
As mentioned previously, the prescription bifocal shooting glasses I received did NOT work well. The idea seemed good and may have worked better with a different prescription for the bifocal window. As made I can see my iron sights through the bifocal but not the target. Not a good mix.

I received the Oakley Flak 2.0 XL prescription glasses I ordered through my optometrist and and I am happy. Not too happy with the price tag of $495 but happy with the results. For those thinking of going in that direction here's some extra info.
Only Oakley makes Oakley lenses. I went through my optometrist thinking I would be getting their work but found out they just send my prescription to Oakley and Oakley sends the finished glasses back. Those comfortable ordering online there are several companies that seem very professional that are selling the same glasses I paid $495 for at $330 to $350.
Optics are very good, lenses are extra thick and while not ANSI certified they do pass the testing.
I'm loving being able to run, look through my red dot and see a clear target AND a clear dot on target.
I'm still new to run-n-gun and no champion by any means but gotta love finishing a stage and only hearing "two Alpha....two Alpha....two Alpha......