View Single Post

Old 03-10-2017, 12:59 AM

Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

I am in the process of converting over from Glocks to revolvers. My reason for doing this is that even after years of carrying Glocks, I could never get comfortable with carrying them with a round in the chamber. I realize that this fear is totally irrational. I realize that there is zero chance of a Glock firing unless the trigger is pulled. And I realize that in a quality holster where the trigger is covered, Glocks are 100% safe to carry. Nevertheless, in spite of all this...I still could not bring myself to carry one with a round chambered. I just always figured I would have the chance to quickly rack the slide and chamber a round if I ever needed to pull the gun. But then my philosophy on this shifted. I now believe that being able to pull the gun and immediately fire 5 rounds is much better than pulling the gun, racking the slide and then firing 10-15 rounds. The time it takes me to rack the slide could cost me my life. So...one round immediately available is better than 10-15 rounds that I may never get to fire at all. And now that I am making the switch, I'm also finding that I really prefer the looks, feel and function of a revolver anyway. I wish I had just started off with them in the first place. That's what I get for listening to all the gun gurus that steered me toward Glocks when I was first introduced to CC. Don't get me wrong. Glocks are fine guns. I've never had any issues with them, enjoy shooting them and still intend to keep them. They are just not the right EDC for me.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: