View Single Post

Old 03-10-2017, 01:52 AM

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

Just try to think of the .327 Fed. as the .32 H&R mag. you'd want if you suddenly found yourself having a really bad day. :-)

Seriously I have done some really informal ballistics comparisons between the H & R and the .327 and the terminal impact of the .327 even with then same bullet weights is a noticeable improvement.

Having said that the .32 H&R is certainly a fine cartridge and when it comes to a near miss from a gun that kicks you so much that you flinch and a nice center of mass hit from a gun you handle well and have confidence in the hit wins every time.

We all have our own recoil thresholds. God bless those guys that shoot 4" S&W .500 magnums for fun, I'm not one of them.

I'm certainly finding that I don't handle recoil as well as I used to now that I've north of 60. My .44 mag. got traded for a .44 special and I tend to look to a .45 auto rim with a hard cast 255gr. Keith wadcutter out of a 51/2" N frame as the most bump that I can handle these days.

I do struggle with the hot .327s out of a J frame and tend not to shot a whole box at once but I want that extra bit of stopping power without jumping up to a .357 J frame which would kick even more.

To each his own.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: