View Single Post

Old 03-10-2017, 08:59 AM

Liked 325 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonrunner View Post
Thanks for all the input guys! Tell me if you agree with this, but someone told me getting a .308 in a 16" barrel in an AR platform makes no sense for close quarters as the kick, and over penatration would make it less than ideal. also been told the best close quarters would be the 16" 5.56 which would be still better than a .45 Was also told if you are going to get a .308 then make sure it is a 20" barrel.

The Daniel Defense DD for $3000 is amazingly cool looking but I still can't justify it's hefty price tag when I can get Windham .308 with a midwest floated handguard for $1250 including tax. No is not as stout as the DD but I can get two Windham's for the price of one DD .308
I haven't spent one cent on AR's with the idea of what's best for close quarters. I've spent a lot of money on them, because I have a lot of fun with them in the desert. I also like the idea of cool looking ARs. To me, they are one of several hobbies, along with reloads of .223 & 300 Blackout.

Unless there is a Zombie attack, with ample warning, I won't have time to dig the ARs out of their cases. I do my my shotgun, 45's, 9mms, etc. , if required.