View Single Post

Old 03-10-2017, 09:23 AM

Liked 1,192 Times in 377 Posts

I have an old Pacific single stage that I picked up used in the early 80's. Still works great. Several years ago I decided to venture into the progressive and got the LNL set up. It works very well.

I would size and deprime in big lots, usually around a plastic coffee can full, then prime while sitting on the floor. These would be set back and ready to charge and add bullets later. Each can has a card that stays with that batch so I know dates and what primers I used.

Several years later when I set up the new LNL I still have cans of 9mm that are sized and primed, ready to load. I can't bring myself to run them through the progressive press.

Once you develop your system you will be amazed at how much ammo you can load on a single stage and with hand priming. I don't load that many calibers and don't shoot competition but I like to have plenty of 9mm, 38/357, 40, and 45 ready along with 223 and 30-06 rifle.

If I had it to do all over again, I don't really know if I would get a progressive. I like the thing and it does pump out the ammo but there is something about a single stage that just feels right when I have some extra time. That to me is the big difference, time.