View Single Post

Old 03-10-2017, 03:14 PM

Liked 5,205 Times in 2,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobxr View Post
Hi sir, thank you. I agree, for the most part. There are people who are not necessarily "anti-gun", they might just very well be "pro-gun", and "pro-self defense", but they just don't care to go shooting.
They want to have a gun for the unlikely event they have a break-in, but don't care to go practice, the same way you and I may want a fire extinguisher in the house but don't go to firefighter seminars or do CPR training.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. But I also believe everybody has the right to self-defense.

I don't understand what you are disagreeing with? Anyone has the RIGHT to buy anything they wish here, including firearms by the dozens.
As an instructor, I am saying that buying a gun, fire extinguisher, home security system, whatever, and LEAVING IT LOCKED UP INACCESSIBLE has done NOTHING to provide any security at all. It is like the people who buy $5000 of exercise equipment, leave it in the box, and complain they don't lose weight.
That is what the referent to "magic talisman" means: it is absurd to buy something and pretend that mere possession of that object will produce the desired effect. To use your fire extinguisher analogy, would you buy a fire extinguisher, lock it in a closet, and only open the box when the house was on fire?