View Single Post

Old 03-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Liked 336 Times in 131 Posts

I've carried a variety of calibers in my "woods guns" 44, 45, 357, 22, and now my EDC 380. I trained differently for each. As time went on and I relied on smaller calibers to protect myself and anyone who happened to be with me. Shooting for accuracy hitting vitals is paramount in stopping the threat against you. I realized that when toting my 22 on a hike quick, accurate, and multiple shots, were going to be the key to stopping that threat. Keep shooting until you see results.
I'll be honest, the 22 was the most frequently carried pistol I had. and I was glad I had it when I came across a pack of three feral dogs. My training paid off, I escaped without so much as a scratch. The dogs? Well, none escaped...
I have taken this same attitude with my LCP that go's everywhere with me. If I ever do need it god help the poor soul that will be on the receiving end getting a multitude of high velocity implants.
Yes, I feel the 380 has what it takes to protect you hide when called upon. Apply liberally with enough to see results before letting up. Oh, and prior practice helps.