View Single Post

Old 03-11-2017, 09:55 AM

Liked 4,791 Times in 1,679 Posts

The one time my wife called 911 to report someone trying to break into our house (long story, but it was a friend concerned for her welfare), she was told it would be 40 minutes before a deputy could arrive at our rural location. Her Glock 26 and our two Rottweilers gave her great comfort until the situation sorted out.

I carry every day. I consider situational awareness my first line of defense. I do not go to stupid places occupied by stupid people at stupid times. I have no delusions about being the hero who stops a shooter whether at the the theater or the local stop and rob store. Being armed gives me an option in any situation. My first option is to be a good witness and get out of Dodge if I can. But if I cannot move myself, my family, my friends to safety, I have the option of engaging the shooter instead of begging for my life.

I carry because my safety and the safety of my family is my responsibility. I work and socialize with law enforcement. I have great respect for the work they do. But as one of my cop friends says in jest, "We are basically garbage men. We arrive after the action and clean up the mess."
The Following 22 Users Like Post: