View Single Post

Old 03-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackTech View Post
I have 10 mags for my 4026 after ordering 3 more used ones a week ago. I have 5 of each kind, the law enforcement only mags have different color followers than the standard mags, yellow versus blue. Is one better or more improved than the other?
Assuming everything you have is factory original, the yellow follower magazines are all pre-bans (pre-1994). The ban period magazines (1994-2004 - marked LEO/Export restricted) and every 4006 magazine made thereafter used blue followers, which are still available today as replacement parts.

The only small controversy about these magazines is exactly when the blue followers started appearing and why? They seem to be pretty much identical to the yellows except for color. There are many who claim that the blue followers appeared before the ban started, which tends to discount the notion that the color change was made just because of the ban. S&W did not change the color of the followers in any other hi-cap magazines just because of the ban so that also tends to further weaken the argument that the color change was made just because of the ban.

While there is evidence that the change happened at some point before the ban started, most in my moonbat state of MA use the yellow vs. blue followers as indication of the pre-ban vs. post-ban break point anyway. It's more about what a cop or prosecutor might believe and having to prove in court that your blue follower 4006 magazine was actually made pre-1994.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: