View Single Post

Old 03-11-2017, 04:36 PM

Liked 210 Times in 104 Posts

The End Shake shims arrived this week, and so today I took the 25-5 apart and installed. What a time I had removing the ejector rod!!! Anyways, I had .008" of End Shake, so I installed .006" worth of shims. Noticed that the cylinder was a bit tight when closing, but took it outside and shot it. Got the same difficulty with cylinder rotation after I shot as before. So, figuring I had shimmed it to much, I removed one of the .002" shims so that I took up .004" worth of End Shake. The cylinder closed normally, but when I shot it I had the same cylinder rotation problem. So, I looked at the fired brass and the fired primer had some shiny spots around the perimeter of the primers. In checking my revolver I found out what the problem is: the firing pin bushing (for lack of a better word, it's the round piece with the hole that the firing pin protrudes thru) is recessed. This is allowing the fired primers to protrude beyond the recoil plate and causing scraping of the fired primers. Where do I go from here?

Don