View Single Post

Old 03-11-2017, 06:29 PM

Liked 4,190 Times in 1,865 Posts

dwpmusic,

I have jumped on 2 or 3 threads concerning carry insurance. Unlike KSDeputy, I think that it is an invaluable purchase, but I have yet to purchase my own.

My rationale is:
1. I am permanently disabled, and on fixed income, and I am raising two younger children. I can't afford to hire a criminal defense attorney on short notice, nor post an exorbitant amount of bail.
2. I have elected to carry, because I have a responsibility to my children to make it home each night. Being disabled, I feel as though I have a neon sign over me identifying me as a potential victim.

Perhaps I am either over thinking this or over reacting, but if I didn't have carry insurance as my safety net, I most likely wouldn't consider carrying. Since I can carry only when I am traveling out of state so I can exercise my non-resident permit, I have taken my time in purchasing. At the moment, I am inclined to purchase my insurance from either USCCA or Second Call Defense. The two points that I am focused on are assistance without subjecting my actions to preemptive review, and most importantly, extending post shooting counseling to my children in the event that my children may be present and witness the need to resort to armed defense.