View Single Post

Old 03-11-2017, 09:11 PM

Liked 27,872 Times in 3,752 Posts

Bad guys are predators, and like four-legged predators, they tend to pick on the "easy-looking" targets--the old, the slow, the weak...those that look less likely to be able to defend themselves. They are also, for the most part, cowards. Otherwise they'd pick on the 6'4, 250-pound Marine just to show how mean and tough they are.

Unfortunately, I can no longer run five miles in 36 minutes and I'm 68 years old, so I have found that I now fall into the "easy-looking" category, thereby increasing my chances of becoming prey. Heck!! What am I saying!!!??? I don't think I could even walk five miles, much less do it in any reasonable amount of time!

So, think about it...I can't run away. I'm too old to put up much of a fight. As a result, it just boils down to simple statistics. That is, there's a good chance that I'm likely to be targeted. I'm one who wants to even the odds as much as possible. Simple.

Hmmm. Come to think of it, I was carrying when I actually could run five miles in 36 minutes and was a heckuva lot younger. So, I guess the reason I still carry now is that old habits die hard. Besides, if I didn't have a firearm on my hip, I think I'd list a little to the left.

Last edited by Mule Packer; 03-12-2017 at 09:28 AM.
The Following 14 Users Like Post: