View Single Post

Old 03-12-2017, 12:49 AM

Liked 285 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I'm curious and a bit confused. You have a birth defect that makes shooting autoloaders difficult, but it didn't disqualify you from military service and you shoot scandium snubnose .44 mag revolvers without any issues?

15 rounds won't likely be needed in a civilian self-defense situation, but you never know. I'm currently fine with a 5-shot revolver for carry most of the time looking at available stats, but will admit to having some concerns with it's low round round. Either way, they will almost certainly be resolved with what's in the gun. Thinking you can make up for low capacity by carrying reloads isn't realistic IMO, especially so with a revolver.
Well, I was born with 6 fingers on my right hand (5 fingers and a thumb), things were not developing properly, so the thumb was removed when I was four and the index finger "adjusted" into the thumbs place. It functions like a thumb, but it changed the hand so that the normal gap between a thumb and the index finger is deeper, which doesn't allow the 1911 or any slide auto pistol to sit where it should. The beaver tale actually rests on what would be the knuckle at the base of my thumb/finger. Very painful to shoot, glocks will actually hit the knuckle when cycling (found that out the hardway). It really didn't become an issue in boot, (Parris Island)that was where the "grenade" possible issue was discovered, the gap in my hand deeper and the concern was that the grenade "spoon" would not be able to be kept squeezed tight enough once the pin was removed. not something to experiment with! Who knew?