View Single Post

Old 03-12-2017, 11:10 PM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTG_COLLECTOR View Post
Just FYI, YAVEX 9mm is not NATO ammo.

YAVEX USA (YAVEX LLC) of Ft. Myers FL which was the U.S. distributor of the ammo appears to be no more. Their website has also disappeared. So if you like this ammo get it now as it'll probably disappear very soon from the market.
Yeah, I stumbled onto this stuff a little while back. Shot some of the 115 gr stuff, which did seem to have a bit stouter recoil, perhaps I just didn't notice the flash, or perhaps it was different.

Later, I came across the deal at Buds as they were closing it out; something like $260 for a case of 1450 rds (they put 29 boxes of 50 in it), for the 124 gr stuff. Advertised as sealed case and primers.

I ordered one case, thought about it a bit, and the price dropped about $3 (and Bud's gave me a coupon code too). So I ordered a second case of 1450. As it came out a little under $9 a box of 50, I figured it was as good a deal on brass as I could find, including buying reloads online. I looked into Yavex (the parent Turkish company), and ... their documentation looks legit and good, at least. Appears to be a large company making munitions and explosives, marketing at that corner of the globe. Might not be NATO stamped officially, but the Turks are in a serious hotspot, and I went with the assumption that they weren't making garbage.

I think I can verify- this ammo is indeed, quite good. Outside of flash, it is very consistent, pretty clean, and seems to have a stout load. I wouldn't fret a bit with it in a military (non-HP bullet) role, whether pistol or SMG.