View Single Post

Old 03-12-2017, 11:24 PM

Liked 9,018 Times in 3,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutyscaler View Post
Since I'm now an "expert" on disassembly I might Polish the moving parts. Anyone have a link to a kit that has differnt stones so I can do a polish to lighten and smooth the action?
I wouldn't recommend trying to polish it yet. Even though it's a 30+ year old gun, it's still new as far as the internals go. What I would recommend is to get you some snap caps, load them into the cylinder, put a good western on and "kill all the bad guys" in the show. In other words, dry fire the heck out of it and let it wear in naturally. There are some critical angles set already on the trigger and hammer mechanisms and unless you have the knowledge and the tools, you can easily mess things up. And you will find that after you dry fire it a while, things will smooth out even more than present.

What you can do is replace the rebound slide spring and the mainspring with lighter ones, especially after you have broken it in. I like to run a 12 or 13 lb rebound slide spring and sometimes I replace the mainspring with a lighter one. I use the Wolff brand of springs.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: