View Single Post

Old 03-13-2017, 03:06 PM

Liked 7,818 Times in 610 Posts
Default The best and fanciest Heiser I've ever purchased

I was set up at the OGCA this past weekend and I was thrilled to be able to purchase a very fancy Heiser holster. The backstory on this purchase is fairly interesting. My friend Tom sets up behind me. He had a Heiser "buscadero" carved and laced holster and belt on his table for sale. I liked the rig but the condition was not quite good enough for me to purchase. While I was walking the aisles and older gentleman saw the holster and asked Tom if he'd be interested in buying a similar holster. Tom said sure and a few minutes later he brought the holster to the table. He said he grew up in Denver and as a kid he had saved his paper route money and purchased this holster new in the early fifties for $50. when I returned and saw the holster I bought it from Tom at his price and I was tickled pink to get it. The story the gentleman told sounded reasonable except the part about the holster being new in the early fifties. I believe this is a pre-war Heiser or I don't know anything about holsters. It's a Heiser #753 'Buscadero" with matching belt. It is fully lined,floral carved, and boy, is it Mexican laced! It has a beautiful polished patina that old holsters get and it's in wonderful condition. The description of a No. 753 is "Extra Fine Belt Holster featuring a narrow belt loop with snap closures, constructed of the very best selected heavy Oak Tanned California skirting leather." What really sets it apart is the factory black dyed finish. I just love it and hope you do too. Sorry for my rambling story but some of you want the backstory.
Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3564 (1).jpg (92.3 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3565.jpg (109.2 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3567.jpg (79.0 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3568.jpg (114.4 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3570.jpg (118.6 KB, 189 views)
The Following 35 Users Like Post: