View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 01:08 AM

Liked 7,749 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracebeemer View Post
On Vintage Gun Leather's website it says that mark was used from 1919 to 1955. I don't know if that is accurate or not.
Bill
Knew I shouldn't have mentioned John's name :-). We do know (that is, John/turnerriver and I) that though much of VG's info is good, that particular bit dates some of the stamps inaccurately. We do have a photo of most of Heiser's stamps showing they coexisted around 1920 including that oval. And it was John who pointed out, that the HHH rivet heads, and the HHH snap buttons, disappeared with the onset of the Depression in '29. I don't suppose there's more we could do to date a Heiser unless it were (1) a model number introduced later than the Depression -- example, the 457 in 1939 which exists with most all the Heiser stamps; or (2) a fitment for a pistol that was introduced after the Depression (the ones that come to mind are the P38, the P35, the Commander and the M39; and Heiser was virtually gone by 1960). Neither helps us with this holster with that revolver :-).

Last edited by rednichols; 03-14-2017 at 01:12 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: