View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 10:01 AM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
Consider what the author of that article(Greg Ellifritz) had to say about .380 ACP and the guns that fire it... Is the .380 ACP an Adequate Caliber for Defensive Use? | Active Response Training
That's a good article, thanks.

When looking at data collected from actual shootings (ALHSP linked earlier) there's no significant difference in incapacitation rates among common carry calibers 380ACP, 38spcl, 9mm and 45ACP. When gelatin bad guys, expert-think and 'what if' scenarios are the measure then the 380ACP does not fare as well. That's pretty much consistent among most caliber analysis I've seen and what makes these subjects such excellent fodder for Forum discussion.

I think it's fair to say that small frame autoloaders can be difficult for some shooters to reliably operate. That said, my LCP has never had a malfunction or stoppage of any kind even with wet hands. Unless I have any personal experience to the contrary it's not an issue for me. That said, at practice ranges I've seen countless others struggle with reliability shooting larger framed autoloaders of larger caliber than 380ACP. No matter what carry gun, reliability in the shooter's hands is key.
The Following User Likes This Post: