View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 10:03 AM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcitableBoy View Post
I became aware of this at an early age while living on Chicago's South Side, known as Canaryville (42nd St. and S. Union Ave.).
I grew up on the South Side of Chicago (69th and Indiana, 84th and Loomis and 78th and Honore) in the '60s and '70s.

When we were living on 69th st. in the '60s, home invasions were a "thing". My father put up aluminum bars on the back windows and aluminum gates on the front and back doors. He also put in a steel prop rod to prevent the front door from getting kicked in. My mother would never allow him to have a gun.

During the gun ban, non-criminals were completely helpless. Taking Amtrak into Chicago from the east, you travel through the south side on the way to the station. Every home that can afford it has high wrought iron fences, bars on the windows and gates on the doors. Rather than allow people to defend themselves, Chicago turned itself into a zoo for humans.

Pretty much everybody I've ever heard speak against armed self-defense had more regard for the predators than the prey. You can pick the victimizer or the victim. They chose the former.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: