View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 10:05 AM

Liked 4,269 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be still View Post
Though I found where you copied that, it is hard to believe. I wonder how the shootings would compare against the killings....and the population? Enhanced response time, enhanced medical facilities, and I musty see those three percent counties on the news all the time.
The Crime Prevention research center, and John Lott, runs a lot of those numbers. But you can find them in many places.

It's not just homicide rates that have gone down---it's all categories of violent crimes. And yes, we're talking per capita rates. The argument that medical care has prevented what otherwise would have been higher murder rates (an argument that Col. Dave Grossman makes all the time) doesn't stand up to the rest of the data on other violent crimes, like robbery, shootings, assault, rape, etc, whose rates have all gone down dramatically. Non-fatal violent crime rates have been sharply declining, and so has even property crime rates. This can all be found in the National Crime Victimization Survey (the gold standard poll for criminology numbers) and the FBI and US Justice department.

There are a lot of facts that are hard to believe---and actually looking at the empirical data can be very illuminating.

Last edited by American1776; 03-14-2017 at 10:40 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: