View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 10:44 AM

Liked 18,134 Times in 2,529 Posts

The Heiser Denver enamel over brass snaps used on your superb rig first appear in Heiser's catalog number 40-my copy has a post card from Heiser advising dealers of a price increase dated April 27, 1942. The number 40 catalog introduced a number of new model holsters, these are the photos that show the new style snap. I have examples of the new snap in both brown or black enamel, the snaps were brass which showed as the enamel wore off.
Catalog number 50, the first post WW II catalog, showed the new model holsters with the new style snaps and had some older model holsters shown with the new style snaps as well.
Snaps and rivets were consumed and would have to be reordered, leather stamps for logos and model numbers essentially never wore out.
Your holster model 753 first appeared in catalog number 30, the belt model 75 first appeared in catalog number 36.
As further confirmation of the gentleman's story, my number 50 early post-war catalog lists the model 753 holster at $25 with Mexican hand carving and belt number 75 at $25, hand carved.
Regards,
turnerriver