View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 11:12 AM

Liked 2,444 Times in 1,097 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDads38 View Post
Found out this morning that Gander Mountain was closing 32 of its stores due to chapter 11 bankruptcy. 2 of those are here in Indiana-Merrillville and Greenfield. Was just last Oct. That I found Alliant powder in the Greenfield stores powder cabinet. Since then I have bought HP-38 and 4 more lbs. of Bullseye. I'm posting this here, since it deals with reloading components, and the first availability of Alliant powder in over 4 years in my area.

The store in Greenfield has been open 5 years or less, at least to my knowledge. Beautiful store, even though some of the prices are on the high side, sale items are priced pretty well. I was thrilled to find Alliant powder on their shelves at what is now the norm of $24.99/lb. but I've been able to use sales and discounts to buy at $19.99/lb. I hate to see any retailer go out of business, glad I got what I could. It's a 2 hour round trip for me, but I'll be going as much as I can till they close the doors or run out of powder.

MyDads38: Do you know if they carry Vihtavuori powders? If they have some that I use at a reduced price it might be worth the trip for me.

Regards,
Andy