View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 02:57 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggernosis View Post
I'll answer from MY perspective. Many powder measures have trouble consistently dispensing small charges with a bulky powder like Trail Boss. I routinely have trouble dispensing charges for .38 Special with my Lee Auto-Prime and even a little less so with my Perfect Powder Measure. With the Auto-Prime sometimes the dispensed charges are as much as 75% of what I'd set it up to drop.
A scoop and scale works the best for me, but it's really a PITA to have to so that separate step as compared to belling the case mouth and dispensing powder with a single stroke like I can with a less bulky powder like W231.
Then you get better equip for measuring bulkier powders. My RCBS Duo & Dillon will measure any of the pistol powders accurately but 800X, which pretty much has to be weighed. Dippers are always problematic trying to maintain 1/10gr accuracy, it's always technique. I think you guys are mistaking bulky for course. TG is fine, Red Dot or WST are bulky. Both have sim burn rates & charge weights to TG.

Last edited by fredj338; 03-14-2017 at 02:59 PM.