View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 07:19 PM

Liked 2,560 Times in 1,010 Posts

my EDC CCW is an old Colt Agent... backed up by a S&W Chiefs. It's far easier/quicker to draw a 2nd pistol than to reload one of my snubs. Do not cheap out on buying/selecting any holster... you can easily lose a very expensive handgun while running... wrestling/fighting etc. One man advised a 2nd strap around the top of the calf/below knee... this is DAAM GOOD ADVICE that you should pay heed to in my opinion. Also make sure that the holster has a thumb strap & that it is on the inside beside your leg... as opposed to being on the outside of the holster where it can be easily knocked loose inadvertently.

If you are friends with any LEO's/ detectives/ policemen/deputies etc., ... do not hesitate to ask them which brand/style they rely on...If they use that holster every day, it has to be of good quality.

I applaud your having the foresight to getting advice in choosing a holster... many newbies don't. Very good quality ankle rigs are handy, and while most people do not look for them... your pant leg can ride up, inadvertently exposing your pistol..

Please give some thought to using a cross draw IWB/OWB rig for a revolver/pistol., which is also very handy while seated in a car, on a motorcycle, riding a horse etc... and is fairly easy to keep track of & defend... 2 important considerations for any holster/handgun combo.