View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 09:17 PM
US Veteran

Liked 116 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmyguns View Post
I'm surprised by most of the costs you guys are listing. In NV the initial cost of applying for the ccw is $98.50 iirc and it is now up to 120 days from time of application to the time you receive it. It is good for 5 years and come renewal time the cost is $65 and the wait time is around 90 days. It takes some planning to not have your permit lapse as well because they only allow you to renew 3 months in advance. There are no exceptions to doing the 8 hour required class for the initial permit, and for renewals I believe it is 6 hours. All of these costs do not include the cost of the class. Those prices are dependent on where you take the class and some places force you to purchase their ammo for the shooting portion
Concur w/ this poster. The initial training class in Clark County cost another $45 paid in advance at a LGS, fees to use a shooting range to qualify, plus pay for targets & ammunition. My classmates & instructor were all veterans except for one young guy whose parents were USAF vets. Required DD-214 & other docs. My biggest gripe is that we had to present the bundle in person at Metro PD downtown the following Monday; a long drive, and very long wait to be interviewed & photographed. The process takes the better part of two full days.

I dread the thought of having to actually use the license both morally, legal fees, & even more paperwork. Like this poster, I plan to renew as soon as allowed since the County took all 120 days plus mail times to send my original license.

Freedom sure ain't free!

Last edited by SgtStone; 03-14-2017 at 09:19 PM.