View Single Post

Old 03-14-2017, 09:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 116 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
I would think it depends on what "easy driving distance of my home" means. I live a couple-three of hours drive from Chicago.
Thanks for the responses. I was shocked at both the proximity & the sheer volume of violence. The first home invasion occurred less than two city blocks away; i.e, a short walk. The 19 yr. old lady died about 1/2 mile south of that. Less than 1 hour separation in time. AFAIK unrelated incidents.

The North Las Vegas home invasion happened across a small park from my step-daughter's house where we usually gather for holiday meals. She has reported at least three break-ins in the last few years. I've offered to help teach her shooting skills but so far she has resisted on moral grounds (She is a trained nurse but prefers working on the Strip due to the great tips & nightlife.).

Yes, I'm ready to sell but unsure where to move. I like Nevada & the desert climate. I only need a small place now. California is too expensive for a retired vet on fixed income plus has arcane gun laws. Practical suggestions welcome...
The Following User Likes This Post: