View Single Post

Old 03-15-2017, 12:02 PM
US Veteran

Liked 9,201 Times in 2,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief38 View Post
I do have a dozen or so Brown & Sharp precision tools but 90% of what I have is Starrett. Some I bought but most came from my Grandfather and my Father. I've got a set of 6 Micrometers from 0-1" up to 5-6", a half dozen regular Mic's, Dial Calipers, Dial gauges, all kinds of Compasses, V-Blocks, Clamps, Feeler Gauges, Assorted Measuring Devises, Combination Squares, Rules, Scribes, Punches, blah blah blah which are mostly older than I am. IMHO Starrett is the top of the line!.

There is a really good selection of Starrett tools on Ebay and some are even like new. The prices are pretty reasonable and I've bought some of my Starrett stuff on there as well.

I too have Starrett and Brown & Sharpe tools. My buddies Dad was a machinist and after he died, my buddy gave me his two tool chests with all the tools used by his Dad. I asked him why he didn't keep them and he said he wouldn't know how to use most of them, and I would put them to good use. Bought quite a few more tools also, including items for the lathe.
The Following User Likes This Post: