View Single Post

Old 03-15-2017, 12:43 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default New sights, need advice...

Ok, so I took my M&P full size .40 in for some new sights and my gunsmith talked me into these "lollipop" style. Big white dot up front, solid rear sight with a single line.
I get the idea of how I'm supposed to aim with the round dot just above the line but I started out at 5 yards to test then went out to 10, and 15. My plan was to set the rear sight so I could loc tite it.
I was using range targets with the big diamond. I'm no sharp shooter, but I've always had good groupings on target out to about 30 yards with this gun.
So maybe it was me, the new apex trigger, or handgrip IDK but I was consistently shooting low. Aiming for the center of course, but shots landing just below the diamond. Still grouped ok, just very low.
I raised the lollipop to aim for the top of the diamond, and was hitting the center. Are you supposed to aim high with these?
Don't wanna loc tite till I'm on target at 25 yards. I'll go back this weekend and try for 15,20, and 25-30. Just thought I would see if any of you had ideas. Kinda different when your used to the traditional 3 dot sights.